The Vermont Academy of Arts and Sciences was organized in October 1965. Our mission is
"...to foster wider and more intensive participation in the arts, humanities and sciences within the State of Vermont, to make the values of these fields more accessible to the people of the State, and to stimulate achievement and promote excellence of instruction in these areas."
Membership is open to all who share the Academy's interests. Becoming a member will help support the mission and the free-to-the-public educational activities of the VAAS:
- Organizing an annual Fall Conference with a Vermont focus
- Organizing the annual Spring Intercollegiate Student Symposium for college students throughout the state
- Recognizing outstanding Fellows of the Academy
- Providing Grants to high schools to support science research projects
- Providing Cash Awards for high school students at the Vermont Science Fair and Vermont History Day
- Producing a quarterly Newsletter and other Occasional Publications.